Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ummm, wow.

So my little guy, J, does this one activity that's really cute. You put a puppet on your hand & using a visual support he requests whether he wants the puppet to tickle him, hug him or give him a "kiss". When he gives it a kiss he just presses his mouth against it briefly over & over again. So cute! *This ties in, I promise*
So today he came over to & gestured that he wanted me to pick him up. Now the only time he ever wants to be picked up is to reach something he can't have, so we never do it. Only today I was standing in the middle of the room with nothing up high near me. After trying to redirect him several times & him persisting in wanting "up" I was curious enough to do it (he's not easy to pick up now that's he's 6!). So I picked him up & asked, "What do you want now?"
He tucked his head under my chin & cuddled me for a few seconds. Holy. #$%^.
Then he started sniffing my neck. I'm assuming he liked my perfume. I hope. :)
Then he started kissing my shoulder just like he does the puppet.
I just stood there in shock. I looked over at my EA & asked, "Is he doing what I think he is?"
"Well it looks like he's giving you kisses like the puppet," then half-joking, "But he could be about to bite you too!"
I was so shocked & excited-but it did occur to me that he might still bite me- I just stood still to see what he would do.
Next he stared into my face & started randomly vocalizing like he does, so I did what I often do which is imitate him. Once I started making the sounds he was making he put his hands on my face & stared at my mouth. I stopped vocalizing & he started making my mouth open & close with his hands.
This was by far the coolest interaction we've ever had. It was so amazing, I was-and still am- completely stunned. I still don't know what to think.

No comments: