Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Discipline

It sucks getting disciplined.  It always has and I'm pretty sure it always will.  HOWEVER...
that being said, I do appreciate more than I can say the results of discipline when it is given and accepted in love.
Today my Heavenly Father brought some things to my attention that I had been ignoring.  I didn't like how he did it, in fact I hated it.  It was awful and incredibly, incredibly hard to handle.
I did however, face what was being brought up, own it, and renounce it.  I accepted my Father's discipline for what it was, an act of the purest love I'll ever know.
It sucked at the time, no mistake about it, but now I can FREELY bask in the love, peace and joy my Jesus has bathed me in.
So I will choose to rejoice in not only my Father's pride and pleasure in me, but also His corrections, for they bring about a life lived abundantly!

No comments: