Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Interesting Thought

A friend posted a quote from a Christian book that got me thinking. It said that spiritual fervor in the wrong direction is better than spiritual apathy in the right direction. Interesting, but I don't think I agree.
While I do believe God honours & blesses our intentions TO A POINT, I have seen the "spiritual fervor in the wrong direction" of people who love Jesus do some REALLY terrible things. To them, to their loved ones, to people they just interact with! I have seen people who love God with their whole heart & are completely on fire for Him be deceived in what starts as small areas. These small things grew & grew until the consequences were nearly catastrophic.
Spiritual fervor is a gift from God & something we are called to, but can also be so dangerous.

Being on fire for God, but slightly off-target, is not always a bad thing though. If your heart's true desire is to follow & obey Jesus, & you just got a little off-track, I totally believe God can redeem that & bless you for your intentions & desire to honour Him.
However, the Enemy delights in taking well-meaning, God-fearing people & getting them off-track JUST ENOUGH to cause spiritual death & destruction to them & those around them.

Hmmm, seems like a fine line.
I don't know. I'm not saying I have any or all answers, I'm just sharing my musings on a topic I found interesting.

No comments: