Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Iguana"

So a former student's family asked me if I'd be willing to support their son at Awana on some weeknights. After a RIDICULOUS process of getting the okay from the ATA (seriously people!!) tonight was my first night.
M's mom told me the day before how he was so excited to go to "Iguana" with Mrs.R. It is henceforth known as Iguana cuz that's awesome-sauce! :D
I can't even describe how much fun it was!! He did so great, I'm incredibly proud of him. He even recited his memory verse (which sadly the teenage boy who listens to memory verses couldn't understand). Oh well! He then proceeded to tell me that "God loves us according to the Scriptures" and "Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures". He mom mentioned that currently his fav hymn is "Blessed Be the Name".
But the definite highlight of my night came when he was playing with my watch and bracelet. He then noticed my wedding ring:
"I have your ring, Mrs.R?"
"No that's mine."
"But I want to marry you."
*pause* "Maybe another day, sweetie."
"Okay."

*melt*

No comments: