Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Waiting for the other shoe to drop!

I am in complete awe of my new classes this year!
As last year was not only my first year as a full time teacher, but also my first year in Early Ed, I had no frame of reference with which to compare my students. The other people working with me kept telling me that I had very difficult groups, that it wasn't just me. I had to take their word for it, but I honestly kept wondering if there was something wrong with me! It was SO hard working with them in so many ways, I kept thinking that this was normal for Early Ed and I was just not very gifted if I was finding it that difficult.
But I now see that it really was just the groups of kids I had, phew!
It's not that I didn't love my kids last year. It's not that I didn't have any fun. I miss my kids, I really do! I loved them and still do and had so much fun with them all through the year.
But it was HARD. H-A-R-D.
My kids this year are blowing me away in the best way possible! On the third day of class my afternoon kids followed the routines with next to no problems or complaints. My director happened to walk into my class at clean up time and was in awe of them. She looked at me and said, "This is their third day of class? We're miracle workers!"
I'm so excited to see what my kids this year are going to accomplish! I might even be able to do kindergarten work with some of them by the spring! :D

No comments: