Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reminiscing...

Today was the last round of meetings with parents for the school year to review IPPs, assessments, transitions for next year, etc.
Almost every parent commented on how fast the year has gone by, how they can't believe school is over in just two weeks and so on.
It didn't really hit me until I was meeting with J's mom.
We had a great talk about how all the astonishing progress he's made since he started in my class in Sept of '09. We were talking about how best to transition him to his new school next year and how I could help his new school when she looked at me and said, "I can't believe he'll be going to a new school. I've been sitting across a table from you for 2 years!"
That's when it hit me. Two years of my life I've invested in this little guy and his family. Two years I've been an integral part of their lives (and vice versa) and in two weeks it'll be all over. It's very possible that I may not see J again (unless I run into them in the community). I can hardly believe it.
I got a little choked up when I thought about it. I can't believe it.

No comments: