Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 9, 2011

More Snippets...

There's a particularly sweet little girl in my morning class, C, whose family is going through a very rough time right now. As a result she's often emotional and displaying classic physical symptoms of anxiety. Yesterday, however, she seemed much more relaxed and happy than usual, so great to see! So we had a chance for some fun little convos:
C: You're so funny, Mrs. R.
Me: I'm funny? What do I do that is funny?
C: You say funny things.
Me: What funny things?
C: "Be careful on the stairs so you don't trip!"
*Apparently safety tips are now "funny"!*

We were sitting at the table colouring together when out of the blue she announced with a sigh, "I just don't understand Chinese boys."
I was completely baffled what she might mean as we do not have anyone of Chinese descent in our classroom (other ethnicities, yes).
I asked her to repeat what she said to make sure I heard it right. I did. So I probed further.
Me: What do you mean, honey? What don't you understand?
C: Well they just talk in funny other words. I just don't understand.
*lightbulb*
Me: Oh! It IS hard to understand other languages, isn't it?
c: *big sigh again* Yeah.

Have I mentioned I love this kid? ;)

No comments: