Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

You'd Be Surprised!



I had no idea, really, I had no idea. I knew I wanted some type of baby carrier as soon as I found out I was expecting. I was leaning towards a ring sling strictly because that was one of the only baby carriers I had ever tried. My amazing friends Erie & Zita set me up with Erin from Cosy Baby, Happy Mommy & she helped me pick the right one for us, a ring sling after all! I was super excited to get it & to my eternal relief Elli took to it right away. She has always loved being snuggled against my chest & the sling holds her in the perfect position. I knew the sling would help me out on the rough days when she would be extra fussy, or give my arms relief when out somewhere the stroller just isn't convenient but I really had no idea. You'd be very surprised what things you didn't think were possible can be easily accomplished when baby is happily & safely snuggled against you in her sling!
The Best Surprises:
1) I can paint my nails!! We had a party to go to & I desperately wanted to try out an ombre nail technique I saw on Pinterest but had no idea how I could do it. If I started painting my nails while she napped, what if she woke up early while my nails were wet? Answer: baby falls asleep in sling & I have an hour hands free where I have no fear of needing to mess up my nails!
2) Dinner prep: I can get dinner prepped & ready to cook while she happily coos away.
3) No heat baking: I even managed to make no-bake peanut butter cookies the other day with Elli in the sling. Here I thought my baking days were over for the foreseeable future!
4) Swiffer, Swiffer, how I love you! Yes, that's right, I can Swiffer my floors! Clean floors make me immensely happy for some obscure reason.
5) SANITY!!! Yes, I saved the most important for last. This sling has saved my sanity multiple times. Those days she won't stop crying, those days she just won't sleep, those days...
Being able to sit quietly while with a travel mug of coffee & a book once she has finally exhausted herself into a sleep in the sling has seriously saved my mind.
I love my ring sling!

No comments: