Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mommy Can Sew!

Well, kind of...
As an admitted workaholic semi-OCD person I will freely admit I was going completely stir crazy recently.  You can only clean the same things in the same house so many times over before losing your mind. ;)
So I took the plunge on something that has always intimidated me (but I've always wanted to learn)...sewing!  My mom gave me an old sewing machine a couple years ago and to date I've only used it to sew the occasional straight line.
A few weeks ago, however, I hit Pinterest (& then the Walmart fabric aisle) & have been slowly working my way through projects that scare me more & more.  My latest, 2 dresses from scratch!  One for a good friend's little one, one for my little one.  Below are pics of some of my proud accomplishments (but not the ones that ended up in the trash can).
A onesie with snap-on bowties for our soon-to-be little man.

Waterproof bibs 

A necktie onesie

Elli's dress!  I'm so freaking proud of how well it turned out!

Notice the coordinating necklace she CHOSE to wear & the puppy purse, also chosen by her!

The dress for my friend is the same pattern with similar fabrics.
I've also made several reusable, waterproof "snack bags" with velcro closures & a tank top tunic for Elli.
Next on my list, a simple clutch purse for myself!

No comments: