Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Getting Serious: Command Centre

Behold the first 'draft' of our new household Command Centre!
I've spent the last week working on getting organized, the first step in this SAHM Getting Serious.
I realized that I was constantly forgetting important things I needed to take care of/do/buy & so on.  I kept making little lists on post it notes, then losing the notes, lol.  With a 7 wk old & an 18 mos old I am suffering from a serious case of baby brain plus sleep deprivation, never a good combination for being functional & productive!  I have been feeling overwhelmed, scattered, disorganized & kind of lost.
So I put those sleepless nights up with baby (& my iPad) to good use.  I scoured the Internet (& Pinterest) for ideas on home organization & fell in love with the Home Organization binder.  One problem with my hubby & I though is "out of sight, out of mind" applies to both of us right now so we needed something more visual for certain things.  The Command Centre was born!
I attached to magnet strips (IKEA) to the pantry door & hung the following documents: free printable 2014 calendar I found on Pinterest, a Honey-Do list for hubby (again Pinterest), our current grocery list, the schedule for all the indoor playgrounds & free activities in our area, my To-Do List and a Clean House weekly rotation.
My Grocery List is broken down by category (eg Produce, Dairy, etc).
My To Do List is also broken down (eg Crafts/Sewing, Computer/Online Work, Gifts & Things to Buy, etc.)
My cleaning schedule is broken down twice.  The first 4 boxes are things to do on a 4 week rotation so the basic cleaning things I sometimes forget about get done each month.  The next 4 boxes are a 4 month rotation with 'deep cleaning' & organizing things that will get done 3x a year.  I will be laminating this & using dry erase markers to check things off & reuse the list.
Eventually I plan to work on making/adapting my own graphics to get things prettier & more matching with my kitchen decor; but this works for now!

I did end up making a Home Organization mini-binder as well.  I'm not finished yet but so far it has the "Menu" of all our favourite meals for when I need ideas, a list of the meals currently in our freezer and a chart to keep track of my water/diet/exercise.  Once I get it done I'll try to post pics & more details on it as well.

No comments: