Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Too Smart

We are getting ready to take a family trip to BC & since we aren't masochists, we've opted for the 1.5 hr flight over the 11 hr drive with two babies.
Elli was only 8 mos old when she was last on a plane so she doesn't remember it.  She's also scared of anything loud (motorcycles, big machinery, loud cars/trucks, etc.).  Our neighbour has a STUPIDLY loud motorcycle & when it drives by she will come running from the other room to cling to my leg.
As a result, I'm very nervous about how she's going to handle flying.  She's fascinated by planes & likes to watch them in the sky, but the noise of takeoff & landing has me worried.
So begins my attempt to prepare her for the flight.  Today we coloured pictures of airplanes & talked about them.  I told her that soon we are going on a plane up in the sky to go see Oma.
Her response, "No.  No plane.  Too loud."
I did not expect her to understand that the plane would be loud!  I reassured her that Mommy & Daddy & her brother would be with her.
"Mommy coming.  Mommy stay Elli."
I promised I would stay with her.  Then I told her maybe we would see some clouds & birds when we're up in the airplane.
"Just one bird.  Big bird."
Deal.

No comments: