Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Last Day

Well today was the last day of my temp contract teaching Grade 6. I almost cried when handing out the monthly awards at the end of the day, but I managed to keep it together. Man, I'm gonna miss those gremlins!
The job is exhausting, stressful and all-consuming, yes. But when one of them have an "aha!" moment, it's all worthwhile. Just to see their eyes light up and that proud smile on their face when they finally get it/do it. I was lucky enough to see one of those moments today. I'm sure it was the most worthwhile thing I did all day. And the most rewarding.
One of my girls told me she's writing Ed Stelmach a letter outlining her case for having two teachers in her class (myself and the returning teacher). She's also going to tell him that the class is too full (29 kids) and the desks are too small. So here's hoping Ed Stelmach starts listening to the wisdom of 11 year-olds!

No comments: