Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Way God Accepts Us

I was teaching Grade 2 today in two separate rooms. I spent most of the day in one class and was in another for only one block. I am constantly amazed at how much those little guys can teach me, especially about my Heavenly Father.
So I'd been there for about 20 minutes when one girl put up her hand. Thinking she had a question I called on her and she said, "I like you. You're really nice."
I was pleased but a little surprised, naturally. I just thanked her and went on with the lesson. Over the next 15 mins I had about 3 kids come up and give me hugs/tell me how nice I was and how much they liked me.
It made me think. How often do I just love a new person right off the bat like that? How often am I afraid to let someone know what I admire about them, even after I've known them for long time?
God doesn't do that. He just loves us from the first moment and He's not afraid to tell us! Repeatedly!
Thank goodness He blesses me with wise 7 year olds to teach me a thing or two once in awhile! :)

No comments: