Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Rediscovering

So just this weekend I was inspired by someone to rediscover doing something I really love, drawing. I have always been creatively inclined (scrapbooking, making crafts, cardmaking) and I've expressed it in different ways throughout my life. I never exactly received any encouragement (my mom used to throw out the crafts I made her two seconds after I presented them to her) so I always figured I had no talent. But the desire to be creative has never gone away.
My mom is an awesome artist and painter and my sis can is also very talented so I used to try to draw, with very little success. It wasn't until I took a class in university on how to teach art that I actually learnt how to draw, etc. I LOVED it! Ask my hubby, I had my sketchbook out multiple times a day trying out all different kinds of things. I loved it so much I felt like I was visibly glowing when I worked (Nathan said I really was).
After my class ended I kept it up for a while, but got discouraged and busy. Now I've decided, who cares if I'm not very good? I'm not doing it for anyone but myself and my own joy. It's something that makes me happy, it's something I've always wanted to do, so I'm going to do it dammit!! Maybe I'll even take another class!