Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not So Fun Afternoon

Well I guess you could say I officially had the scariest experience of my teaching career today, I actually had to call Child Services on a family, and almost the police too.
*sigh*
I obviously can't go into details.
Thankfully things ended better than I expected, still not great, but much better than what I was fearing would happen!
It was still a VERY stressful hour of my life. When I finally got back to the school I marched into the Early Ed office and asked who was buying me a drink! They all agreed I deserved one! :)
I'm a little nervous about the possible "fallout" from the family in the days to come, please keep me and my little student in your prayers. I don't necessarily want to see him removed from the home, but they do need some help. The family has clearly been struggling for months, but sadly reject our attempts at helping.
*sigh*
Deep breaths and it'll all be good...I hope.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm sorry to hear your afternoon was not a pleasant one. I will be thinking of you and the family and keeping it in prayer.

:)

Momma Dulock said...

Oh my! Sweetheart, I am so sorry to hear that! I will for sure keep kiddo in my heart and prayers- and YOU for being so upset about it....Much much love to you!!!

Manda said...

Thanks ladies. He hasn't been back to school since it happened. I'm worried they're just gonna pull him from the program now. :(