Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whoa, heavy!

I'm doing my first academic homework in years, dude!
I have a presentation due on Tuesday I have to give to all the administrators at my school plus about 6 of my peers. *nervous sigh*
I've decided to present on the topic of the importance of developing a strong philosphical foundation in the areas of fairness and competition in the classroom.
It's a really important thing to talk about (I think).
I can't tell you how many times a teacher has said to me, "I can't make special accommodations for a special needs student, it won't be fair to my other students!"
GAH!!
When will people stop ascribing to a 4 year old's definition of fairnes?!
Fairness DOES NOT mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they NEED!
I'm hoping to shake up a few people's teaching philosophies come Tuesday.
Wish me well!

No comments: