Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Welcome Update!

It's been quite the week. Winter hit with a vengeance and so did a cold I'm trying valiantly to fight off. On Wednesday it actually hit -48 Celcius with the wind chill. Buses were cancelled, almost no kids came to school. My nephew's grade two class across the hall from me had 6 kids in it. It. Was. Brutal.
So on Thursday it was a welcome surprise to get an update on a former student. My little J from last year (a boy with Autism I had in my class for 2 years) moved on to a separate school division so I hadn't heard a single thing about how he was adjusting. So imagine my delight when I ran into his mom in the hallway Thursday morning!
She told me he was doing well, he recently worked his way up to attending full day, full week school which is wonderful. He did get away from his class early in the year (he's a runner and QUICK) but he never made it out of the school, so that's pretty good!
He did however cause some excitement the day before (the coldest day all winter). He pulled the fire alarm and evacuated the school. In -48.
Now that's the J I know and love. ;)

No comments: