Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Crazy Day!

What a day! Let's recap the highlights of day three of my "vacation".
1) Excited about getting a new washer/dryer tomorrow my loving hubby goes downstairs to disconnect the old ones
2) Few minutes later frantic yelling has me barreling down the stairs only to see a wall of water where my hubby should be
3) After using every towel, tea towel, dish rag and facecloth we own we've done the best we can to sop up the flood of hot water
4) The water to the whole house is now shut off because the pipe itself broke off, how does one fix this?
5) Frantic phone messages to my handy-man dad whose out in the woods chasing coyotes bring him home early
6) Yay for daddy! 3 hours later he's chopped off the pipe and soldered on a new tap! Woo hoo!
7) Realization the drywall is still soaked and must now be torn down and replaced. Joy. :(
8) Finally received confirmation that I've been underpaid for the past 4 months and the back pay will be added to my Jan cheque and I'll be making a few hundred more per month for the rest of the school year! Now we can afford all that drywall! ;)

Here's to a more relaxing rest of the "vacation". :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't God have a sense of humour? weren't you just asking the day before.. Now what I am going to do.. A very dangerous question my dear.. lol.. Here's to an amazingly quiet and uneventfuly, but truly awesome holiday for you and yours...

Manda said...

Thanks sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas yourself! :)