Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm With You, Man!

You all know how I feel about Christmas. AKA my obsession!! :)
Last weekend I set up my classroom for Christmas. Tree (which the kids decorated and it's AWESOME!), lights around my bulletin board, lit up Santa, I even made stockings for each child and staff member & hung them! Needless to say, my room rocks!
So the kids walked in on Monday and had varying reactions to my Christmas wonderland. Some didn't even notice, some were very upset I had a tree up cuz (according to them) it wasn't Christmas yet.
One of my fav little guys with autism has had the same reaction every day all week. I love it so much I now join him in his little daily ritual.
He comes in, takes his outerwear off, puts it away, walks over to my lit up bulletin board, grabs my hands and chants "Chrimas! Chrimas! Chrimas, Mrs. R! Chrimas! Chrimas!"
We now cling to each other's hands as we do a strange little dance/hop together chanting "Chrimas! Chrimas! I so cited! Chrimas!"

Pretty much the fav part of my day now.

1 comment:

My Journey through Life... said...

Manda! your kids seem so adorable!