Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Not According to Plan!

I'm a planner. I always have been. I always will be. Few things in life make me as content & excited as sitting down a few days before the start of a new school year & organizing & labeling all my school supplies. This is part of me & I accept & embrace it. It helps make me a good teacher & hopefully a good wife & friend.
It is also something I struggle with. No plan = anxiety & panic for me. Not cool. Holidays & time-off work throw me, badly. My hubby dreads summer holidays because he knows that after a week of catching up on sleep, a week of reorganizing & cleaning house & a week of crafting I will go bonkers for the rest of holidays. When we go away for a few days I need stuff to do almost every minute of every day. He long ago decided one of his jobs in life is to teach me how to "do nothing". :)
So when we found out we were expecting I had it all planned. (stop laughing) I was going to be perfectly healthy, take great care of myself, work until 3 weeks before my due date & have everything organized, planned & prepped for my replacement to take over.
This brings us to the events of 3 weeks ago. I was hospitalized for 3 days, almost had a 29 week baby & then sent home on augmented bed rest for 2 weeks. Plan down the toilet. At the end of the two weeks I was taken off work completely until the baby comes, with the threat of further hospitalization hanging over me.
We had next to nothing ready for the baby, next to nothing planned & prepped for school & hadn't even attended our prenatal class or written our birth plan yet. (not that the birth plan matters too much anymore, it's probably going to have to be a c-section now)
So here I am. At home for the next 2 months. My activities are limited, my health is in constant question & I didn't even get to say goodbye to my coworkers & students.
So much for planning. Now for that crash course in "doing nothing" my hubby talks about. ;)

No comments: