Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ave Maria

There's a song I've been listening to recently, and it makes me want to weep every time.  It's called "Ave Maria" by Pink.  I know, you're thinking, Pink makes you want to cry?  Why, cuz she sucks?  Well just bear with me for a moment.

In it she, I think, sums up the cry of the human heart so well,
"Ave Maria, where did you go?  Where did you go?  How did you know to get out of a world gone mad?  Help me, Maker.  The chaos surrounds me, the devil that hounds me.  I need you to tell me, Child be still."

The end refrain is what really gets to me,
"If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?  Where is the light?"

This is a woman who openly lumps all Christians in with the Conservative/Right Wing Movement, and she is VERY vocal about her disdain and disgust with them (not that we can blame her at times!).

So why does this woman, who refutes Christianity publicly, echo almost anything we could read in the Psalms?  -Where is the light?  Help me, Maker.  Chaos is everywhere, evil surrounds me.  I need you to tell me, Child be still.-

Sound familiar?

How can people still refuse to see we are ALL created with a void in our soul and heart that only the pure love of Jesus can fill?  What else could you call this song?  It is a lost heart's anguished keening for the love of a perfect Father.

I need you to tell me, Child be still.

No comments: